Feedback.
After creating the
opening to a thriller film, I have shown it to a group of classmates who study
media and other A level subjects. I have asked them various questions regarding
the film opening and how they feel about it. The questions and answers will be
displayed below and I will show 2 answers from 2 different classmates.
How did the film
show the typical conventions of a thriller film?
Classmate 1: The
opening sequence to the film was extremely well thought through, the opening
displayed clearly different uses of thriller conventions. One of the main
obvious thriller conventions used in this film was the use of lots of different
camera angles, these show the quick pace and tempo of the film and clearly show
it to be a thriller. The fast paced music over the top and no dialogue included
also shows how it’s a thriller, it wants us to feel more interested in what’s
going on and keeps us involved and the non included dialogue makes us feel anxious
and ready to see more and keep us guessing.
Classmate 2: The scene
with the mans feet constantly being shown leading up to the part where the man
approaches the boy sat on the wall shows typical conventions of a thriller,
quick cuts are used and the feet are shown multiple times, the camera angle
during this is low down so we get a sense of feeling from the characters point
of view.
What was your
overall opinion on the thriller opening?
Classmate 1: Overall I
feel the thriller was filmed with good thought and it displayed the typical
conventions of a thriller film, the sound chosen over the top of the video
matched what was happening during the film, and it suited the genre.
Classmate 2: I feel
that the opening thriller scene wasn’t as good as I hoped, the scene lacked
action and the exclusion of dialogue made it hard to understand what was
happening throughout. The music chosen over the top didn’t really suit what was
going on in the scene and wasn’t to a quick enough tempo to match the genre.
If anything could
have been made better what would it be, and why should it have been created
better?
Classmate 1: I feel
that the opening film could have done with even more camera angles just to
ensure the film genre was over exaggerated, as I feel that a different audience
may have found it difficult to get an understanding of the film with the
exclusion of dialogue.
No comments:
Post a Comment